Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Waffles (with secret lentils...shhh!)


*Using Arrowhead Mills Organic Kamut Pancake & Waffle Mix
(doubled recipe)

Made these as a thank you to my fantastic husband, who is also a great father to our 2 boys!  And it's a "secret ingredient" healthy recipe so my kids get in some extra nutrients  :)

Original Recipe (doubled):

2 c. Mix
Flax with water to equal 2 Eggs (2 TBSP flax and 6 TBSP hot water)
2 TBSP Oil (I used Coconut Oil, melted)
2 TBSP Brown Sugar (instead of honey)
1 1/2  c. Soy Milk

*Then I added in:
1 c. pureed pumpkin
Handful of dark chocolate chips
3-4 TBSP canned, rinsed and drained black lentils 

Heat in waffle maker until they are cooked.  If they are runny and sticking/burning, add more pancake mix to batter and try again (I had to do that...the first batch was a mess!)

No comments:

Post a Comment