Monday, November 12, 2012

Pumpkin Oatmeal "Muffin" Cookies


These cookies have the hearty texture of a muffin and are not too sweet, so they go well with a nice glass of soy milk or a cup of coffee.  I call them a "breakfast cookie".  You can also freeze them and pull them out one at a time to defrost in your diaper bag for on the go breakfasts/snacks.

I wasn't too sure about these because they are not overly sweet and seemed too healthy, but my 3 year old boy exclaimed "These are GOOD, Mommy!" and ate about 3 of them at snack time.  My 1 year old also had some without throwing them at me.  So I guess they're a keeper!

I used this original recipe http://healthnews.ediets.com/recipes/pumpkin-oatmeal-cookies.html

and added in 1/2 c. finely chopped kale and a handful of dark chocolate chips

I also cut the sugar.  Instead of the full amount of brown sugar I only used about 1 TBSP, plus 1 TBSP molasses

I subbed in ground flax mixed with hot water to equal the egg whites.


No comments:

Post a Comment