Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Powerhouse Pancakes

This is more of a suggestion, than a recipe - but I do this frequently when I make pancakes - throw a bunch of nutritionally dense things into boxed pancake mix.

For this morning, I combined in a blender heaping handfuls of kale, almond milk, a banana and almond butter and blended until smooth and milky.  Add to boxed pancake mix, until desired consistency for cooking.

The kale is "invisible" in this - you can't taste it!  But you'll know you are doing something good for yourself.


I used Trader Joe's boxed mix (which has buttermilk, so is not vegan), but you do not need to add eggs, only the suggested amount of oil on the side of the box (a couple of TBSP)

For Little B. I cooked them up this way, and for the adults, I added in a handful of Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips

Top with your favorite syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment