Saturday, April 2, 2011

Betty Crocker Black Bean Brownies

I didn't make this recipe up, it's floating out there around the internet, but it's REALLY easy.

I'm always looking for ways to sneaks beans into just about anything and you can't tell there are even beans in these!

Since they are egg-free you can lick the batter from the spoon and bowl without any haunting suspicion that you may have just gotten salmonella and because there are beans AND dark chocolate, you can also tell yourself these are healthy - Ok, well, healthy enough.

I baked mine in a 9x13 Pyrex but next time I'd try it in the 8x8 brownie pan to make them thicker.

Top with ice cream and you're all set!

  • 15 oz can black beans
  • 19.5 oz box chocolate brownie mix
Open can of beans, drain and rinse well. Put beans back in the can and fill can with water.
Put beans and water in blender until smooth.
Mix pureed beans with brownie package mix.
DO NOT add eggs or oil. Spray baking dish with Pam.
Cook brownies according to package directions.
Cool and serve.

2 comments:

  1. i make these A LOT. so yummy and fudgy! add some enjoy life chocolate chips for an extra special treat!! funny, i have a post coming up on my blog about this exact same recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this today with my girls for a Mother's Day Treat! This is how I am going to make brownies from now on, there are so many more benifits doing it this way,first you get the extra protien and fiber from the beans, next I personally think it made it extra fudgy and then best of all my girls can help me make this and like the bowl without fear from raw eggs and salmonella. Shana you should make a book with all these wonderful recipes!!! I love it and these recipes are helping pave my way to being a vegitarian!

    ReplyDelete